Monday, January 3, 2011

Another Edwardian Dress

I final finished that edwardian dress that I have been wanting to make (I posted the doll version of it a month ago). I used the sense & sensibility "1914 Tea Gown" pattern.
 It came together quite nicely. I only made two changes, I did buttons instead of a zipper and I add an inch to the inset so that the neck-line would be higher. Its made out of of dark striped green and a bronze color taffeta. I really like taffeta it looks, and feels nice plus its easy to work with.

Before I finished and attached the sash



  1. I love both the dresses!

    Wow, you did an amazing job recreating Elizabeth's dress! I love it!

  2. Wow, Jessica,
    You did a really nice job on the dresses.
    I wish you the best in selling them.